Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Comic Relief

A must see for anyone who misses the Doctor until the next bonus episode comes out in November. Catherine Tate and David Tennant get together for comedic short for something called the Red Nose Day, which is a British charity that helps raise money with the help of comedians. I'll be honest, I don't quite understand it, I think it's one of those things you really have to be British to understand.

But the point is, check out the link below for BBC's Youtube page. The sketch is only about 6 minutes long -- Catherine Tate plays an unruly high school student and David Tennant is the new English teacher. Who's Scottish. Which means he can't teach English, amiright? Well use of six minutes. Copy and paste this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxB1gB6K-2A or use the Comic Relief link on the left side of the page.

Speaking of David Tennant (okay, yes, I could just write "David." But could you refer to the Doctor that way? I can't.) Speaking of David Tennant, he is currently working on the movie Hamlet, which is why I think he left the show. As far as I can tell, every Scottish boys' dream is to play Hamlet (according to an interview on Top Gear.) Or maybe he said that it was every boy's dream to be the Doctor? I guess I'll have to watch the episode again.

Also, Catherine Tate has her own show called, big surprise, The Catherine Tate Show. It's another sketch comedy that plays on Friday evening on BBC America. I love Catherine Tate's "in your face" type of attitude, and she's plays a great unruly British brat. Love it, love it, love it!

And while your spending your Friday evenings with BBC America (which I think has an HD channel, but I don't get it, so it doesn't count) tune in for the Graham Norton Show. (This is what I love about British people -- it's like everyone knows everyone.) However, it's a talk show, not a sketch show, but I would still call it comedy. He's over-the-top gay and says what he wants. I've only caught clips of episodes, but I definitely need to watch more!

Hope I've filled everyone's Friday nights! All of these shows (in my area, with my cable programming) is on rather early -- as soon as I get home from work, I turn on the telly and for about three hours it's British humor almost non-stop. But since it's on early, it doesn't interfere with Friday night shenanigans. So I can watch their comedies while cooking or cleaning, and still have a night to party. Now only if they had Saturday morning cartoons....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails