Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Practically British





As if I didn't want to be British enough, I've finally started watching my queue of Mary Queen of Shops.
Damn you Mary Portas! Now I want to be fabulous too.  I've only seen three and a bit episodes (I started one episode and then got pulled away).  I love it when she talks about fashion tribes.  I really like the idea that not everyone has to wear the same thing, and my favorites so far are the Fashion Rebels.  That is Essence of Portland!  You can't go anywhere downtown without seeing something off beat and truly original.  I was just down there today and I saw a woman with leg warmers and koi tights underneath a short black skirt.  The one thing I'd probably miss if I left Portland -- the Japanese Influence.


I'd love to chat more, but I don't have much time right now.  I wanted to mention that I got a few British mags today and I'm super excited.  I was crazy to buy them at lunch -- now I can hardly focus!  I picked up British Vogue, Elle UK, and Tatler, which is a new one to me.  Anyone else have any suggestions?



And remember to follow me on twitter. With the holiday crazies, I don't have much time to blog, but I tweet when I can. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I know you posted this ages ago, but I thought I'd say the British version of Cosmopolatin, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I hate the American Cosmopolitan. It was fine when I was 16 trying to get the courage to do stuff with boys, but now it's just the same rubbish over and over again. Every issue is "X ways on how to please your man" most of which are crazy ideas that border on unpleasant. The issue that really made me quit was when in the same issue they said the "new way to get raped" which was about date rape, which I hardly consider new. It wasn't even about getting drugged. Then, in a different article in the same issue, they were telling girls to go to parties that are "sausagefest" which is slang for a party with too many men that are all desperate to get laid. Thanks, Cosmo, for getting 16 year old girls raped.

    Sorry, that hit a nerve :) . I'm guessing the British version is better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails