Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Terry Pratchett Novel Out Sept 1


I've only read the first of the Tiffany Aching series by Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men.  Tiffany is a young witch, with Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax in the background.  I like the more urban setting Tiffany is in, which seems more like this century than the far off world of Discworld.

I must say, without any doubt, that Terry Pratchett makes the best women characters.  I think it's because he includes so many of them, and they're all different.  Magrat (sic) was the romantic, a little squishy, but rose to the occasion when her kingdom was in trouble.  Nanny Ogg is the frumpy mum that always has something up her sleeve (and quite possibly down her bosom, too).

Ah, and Esmeralda aka Granny Weatherwax.  She might have a stick up her ass most of the time, but if the world was going to end, you knew who could stop it. 


And I love the Nac Mac Feegle.  Who doesn't want little blue psychotic "individuals" at their beck and call?


Ahem, I do believe I am dithering at this point.  I could go on all day about how much I love Terry Pratchett.  And his books.  And his movies.  And the animations.   Siiiiggggghhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails